The versatile blogger award

I was nominated for the versatile blogger award from caity rosey who is a very talented knitter and I always enjoy reading her adventures in knitting. She has a wonderful sense of humour and I always look forward to reading her latest posts.

So I checked out the versatile blogger award website for the instructions.

“When you consider nominating a fellow blogger for the Versatile Blogger Award, consider the quality of the writing, the uniqueness of the subjects covered, the level of love displayed in the words on the virtual page. Or, of course, the quality of the photographs and the level of love displayed in the taking of them.

Honor those bloggers who bring something special to your life whether every day or only now and then.

If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award.
Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.”

So without further ado here are 15 blogs which I read regularly and enjoy.

1- caity rosey thanks for the award!
2- when did I become a knitter always knits wonderful things
3- not all tea and scones is cooking herself through the CWA cookbook and has been the inspiration for quite a few meals in the Sparkles household
4-her name was Greta is on a bit of a break at the moment, but her blog is still a place I go for inspiration. She always finds the best stuff from around the web. (she also has a new blog which is chock full of pretty things to knit
5- sarahcastically has such a great sense of humour, some awesome tastes in music, and loves sport.
6- from wonderland with love takes the most beautiful photographs. Her blog is always so beautiful.
7-sweet spy necessity makes me want to sew better
8-living apockylypse is a geeky, multicrafter who is always on the go
9- silver sparkly lining bakes cupcakes good enough to eat through a computer screen
10- magical day dream gives me polka-dot envy.
11- wee pleasures another great knitting blog. Anyone that knits cabled socks is a sorcerer to me
12- scathingly brilliant has a gorgeous blog, with gorgeous pink hair.
13- one sheepish girl knits beautiful things also.
14- dots or stripes knits, bakes, and crotchets
15- the hairpin I just love it so, even if it’s not a blog in the strictest sense

And so 7 things about me.
1 I eat lemons. I love the way they finish off a meal.
2 I hate brushing my teeth, but it has to be done.
3 I collect tea pots and tea cups. I just need a bigger house.
4 A good hot cup of tea solves most of life’s ills
5 I have a stubby holder from most events I’ve been to. Festivals, sporting events, gigs, I have a stubby holder.
6 I’m always picking the dirt from underneath my fingernails.
7 My feet are always cold. Always.

8 Comments (+add yours?)

1. fyrasorterskakor
    Jun 07, 2012 @ 13:16:28

Thank you SO much, darling! What a sweet award! And thank you so much for including and liking my new blog as well, it really warms this little heart. <3

2. caityrosey
    Jun 08, 2012 @ 05:29:14

#1 goes really well with #2. If you eat lemons straight and then don’t brush, you could end up with some interesting teeth. ;-)

• sparklesness
      Jun 08, 2012 @ 09:26:50

My mum actually brought me some lemon organic toothpaste for Christmas one year.

It was terrible. Not to mention my dentist always says I need more fluoride which natural toothpastes don’t contain.

I only used it once, when I promptly spat it back out in a most undignified manner.

3. missoulajesse
    Jun 08, 2012 @ 23:09:00

Wow, thank you for nominating me!! I enjoy your blog so much, and I’m glad you like mine as well!!

4. Marielle
    Jun 12, 2012 @ 06:24:23

Thank you so much for mentioning me! I can’t believe you eat lemons haha :) Also, I don’t like brushing my teeth.. but I need to all the time because of my braces.. it sucks!

• sparklesness
      Jun 12, 2012 @ 07:25:42

Oh the memory of attempting to brush teeth with braces.
      I think my orthodontist was one of the reasons I hate brushing my teeth so much.

Brushing a plate every night was almost worse than braces but not quite as fiddly.

5. Nathaly
    Jun 12, 2012 @ 13:40:49

Wow, I believe that they really deserve the recognition. Thank you for the great list also. I also enjoy reading your post and looking forward for this great list. Thanks.

6. Kay
    Jun 29, 2012 @ 16:22:33

Ooh, thanks for the award. I will consider whether I can disclose seven facts… even if I can think of seven! Really glad you like my blog. Off to peruse the others on your list now. KL. x

I love receiving comments, and would love to know what you think! xx

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Follow polka-dots & sparkles on WordPress.com

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 544 other followers