Dinner twist

I must admit I was intrigued.
The concept is a box of groceries with all the ingredients for three mystery recipes.

I was a bit concerned that they wouldn’t really be ‘our style’. We can both be picky eaters about certain things. We both don’t like spicy food, I hate bananas, he doesn’t like rice. Sure the rice thing knocks out a whole heap of dishes, but pasta is an easy substitute.

So we got a box of mystery groceries and three recipes. All three were things I wouldn’t usually think to cook.
One was salmon with mustard baked carrots, a pork curry, and a salami, cottage cheese pasta.

All three meals where delicious in their own way.
But the best thing about it is being able to choose how you want to cook them.

Given that the Mister doesn’t like rice we had the curry with pasta instead. We got spicy Hungarian salami so we swapped it (with a work mate) for some less spicy salami.

Let’s see what we get this week!

20120910-112903.jpg

20120910-112921.jpg

20120910-112943.jpg

20120910-113002.jpg

20120911-111107.jpg

About these ads

9 Comments (+add yours?)

1. Christina
    Sep 11, 2012 @ 14:08:13

That’s a great idea! Have you worked out whether money wise this is cheaper or the same amount you’d pay for your own dinner invention? What’s the name of the company?

• sparklesness
      Sep 11, 2012 @ 14:12:55

I haven’t done the maths yet but it feels cheaper. As in I haven’t done a Coles shop since I started and I would come out of Coles spending a lot more.

This weeks selection was even less to my Misters taste so I’m going to give it one more week to decide.
      The company name is dinner twist. And their website is dinnertwist.com.au

2. shaytwomey
    Sep 11, 2012 @ 14:22:22

The salmon looks awesome, as does the curry pork. Nice work :)

• sparklesness
      Sep 11, 2012 @ 14:28:03

I take no credit for the salmon. I’m not actually allowed to cook seafood. Mostly because my Mister is far superior and I’ll only ruin it.
      That was definitely the best dinner from the week.

3. baby food diet
    Jul 08, 2013 @ 05:30:58

You really make it appear so easy together with your presentation but I find this topic to be actually something that I feel I would never understand.
    It seems too complicated and very wide for me. I’m taking a look forward in your next publish, I’ll attempt to get the
    cling of it!

4. Jonnie
    Mar 11, 2014 @ 07:15:58

Hi, after reading this remarkable post i am as well glad to
    share my experience here with mates.

5. issuu.com
    Mar 21, 2014 @ 06:51:42

I have been surfing on-line greater than three hours lately, yet I
    never found any attention-grabbing article like yours. It’s beautiful price enough
    for me. Personally, if all web owners and bloggers made good content material as you probably did,
    the web shall be a lot more helpful than ever before.

6. Flowers Quincy Ma
    Mar 30, 2014 @ 14:52:59

I simply couldn’t go away your web site before suggesting that I actually loved the usual information an individual
    provide for your visitors? Is going to be back ceaselessly to check up on new posts

I love receiving comments, and would love to know what you think! xx

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Follow polka-dots & sparkles on WordPress.com

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 541 other followers