Stop! Pajama time

It’s bloody cold here at the moment.
And that’s not just me saying that, a radio announcer said that exact quote last week.

So I figured that the first project from Tilly and the Buttons – Love at First Stitch would be the Margot Pajamas.

I wanted them to be warm so I stopped by the local grocery store and picked up some flannelette sheets (which were on special – $10 reduced from $25!)

Tracing the pattern onto baking paper was the hardest part. I tried 3 different types of tape and about 5 different pens before I found a combination that vaguely worked. Even then they look a bit mangled.

20140617-071130-25890151.jpg

20140617-071129-25889254.jpg

Cutting out using Tillys instructions was almost easy!
Considering that’s the part which has tripped my up in my sewing adventures before that’s a win!

Then I diligently set about to sewing the pieces together. Even using the zigzag stitch to finish the edges which I’d never done before.

20140617-071412-26052358.jpg

Once I’d sewn the legs together I looked at the instructions for the crotch and realised I’d sewn the two fronts together and the two backs together.
I had to unpick and start again.

But I won’t be making that mistake again!!!!

After that they went off without a hitch.
Ta-da!!! Pajamas!!!!

20140617-071618-26178839.jpg

20140617-071619-26179439.jpg

sig

6 Comments (+add yours?)

1. GRay
    Jun 17, 2014 @ 08:40:53

Wow, Well done you! They look great, look warm and were a bargain price as well. Xx

2. Andi
    Jun 18, 2014 @ 05:39:50

How brilliant you are. Those are fantastic and fit you well!

3. macstabby
    Jun 23, 2014 @ 18:41:01

Suuuuuper snuggly looking. Clever to use sheets!
    That books isn’t out here until, like, October.
    HOW WILL I LIVE? (Aside from having little time to sew, of course.)
    Keep up the great work!

• bekswhoknits
      Jun 24, 2014 @ 09:20:10

I don’t understand how I can get something in Australia before the US. That never happens.

And it wasn’t clever – just lazy. The supermarket was much much closer than any fabric shop.

4. Sorcha (@BrightFieldNote)
    Jun 26, 2014 @ 05:30:35

Oh wow, this is so clever! I would have never thought to make my own fleecy pyjama pants. I always just end up at Primark for yet another pair!

Sorcha x Bright Field Notes

5. knittingwithheart
    Jul 26, 2014 @ 03:37:01

LUV those pj pants! And yes, you’re quite clever to think of using fleece sheets :)<3

I love receiving comments, and would love to know what you think! xx

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Follow polka-dots & sparkles on WordPress.com

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 537 other followers