The first pair of socks for 2014 are off the needles.
They’re made with mystery yarn that I forgot to catalogue on ravelry, didn’t keep the ball band, and couldn’t understand the language it was written in.
But I liked the colours and figured it was probably a fingering weight.
As my beloved 2.5mm addis currently make my fingers all tingly when I use them (thanks old lady bones) so instead I found a pattern that used 3.5mm needles.
Which doesn’t sound like a lot but that 1mm makes a big difference on my tingly fingers.
I’ve got three pairs on the needles at the moment, 2 on bigger needles again (3.75 & 4.5mm) which also are helping the old lady bone situation and one on 2.5mm which are in hibernation due to the finger tingles.
The pattern is ampersand- upside down, and predictably was knit toe up & two at a time. Let’s not get too crazy here.
I substituted in a fish lips kiss heel which looks pretty good and is really comfortable to wear.
There is still enough yarn left over for at least one other pair of socks. Or maybe something else. Lets see what the mystery yarn tells me to do.
Thanks to Moo for modelling but they are a bit too big for his tiny cow footsies.