2013 was awesome in so many ways.
We bought a house, went to our 6th test match together, saw plenty of live music, holidayed on a houseboat, and I helped out with the Port Adelaide Football Club.
I’ve had green hair, pink hair, purple hair, red hair, and several different combinations.
I participated in the Knitting & Crochet Blog Week. I even made two youtube videos!
And I worked my way through 13 goals.
1. Open my little etsy shop. – Tick!
I opened a shop and closed it just as quickly. I didn’t enjoy knitting for strangers or the etsy fees.
2. Host a giveaway on my blog – Tick!
This was so much fun! And this is where I figured out the I like giving things away more than selling them.
The lesson to be learned is that postage is a killer. In the future small and light will be the way to go.
3. Finish Start the knitting crafting for my Pay It Forward post. – Tick!
Again this was ridiculously fun! And it was the beginning of embroidering fabric to go on a frame.
4. Knit 12 pairs of socks. – 8/12
I completed 8 and I currently have 3 on my needles. I didn’t quite get to 12 but maybe I was being a tad optimistic.
5. Sew 6 cushions.- 10/6 – Tick!
I caught the cushion making bug hard!
I even learnt how to sew an invisible zipper.
6. Write a knitting pattern and post it on Ravelry.
I have started this one yet. I don’t know if I still want to.
Maybe if inspiration strikes I may be able to check this off my list.
7. Post a tutorial or a how-to guide. – Tick!
Seriously making a video was not what I had planned for this. But it turned out to be a really good experience. And now I have youtube subscribers. That’s a weird feeling for someone who only has two knitting videos.
8. Try a new craft, or 2, or 3.
I tried arm knitting, spinning, jewellery making, yarn dyeing. I’m looking forward to seeing what new crafts I can learn next year.
9. Create an artwork for my apartment – Coming Soon!
I never showed you this one. But it did happen.
10. Embroider a whole song (lyrics) onto something.
This is totally my favourite embroidery ever!
11. Sew a garment from a pattern, and wear it.
This is going on next years list.
12. Read a new book every month. (something I haven’t read before) 15/12
I joined goodreads to keep track of it all, so I realised I well and truly met this goal.
13. Crochet a granny square. – Tick!
2013 was the year that crochet and I finally understood each other. I still struggle with patterns and only have one loop on my needles, but the instant gratification is awesome.
I’m currently deciding whether to do 14 in 2014 or, as I’m 30 next year, 30 before 30.
Either way 2014 is going to be awesome. I just know it.